Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Day 2

Yesterday sucked.  All day long, I wanted to go into the kitchen, not because I was hungry, necessarily, but because I was bored.  These days, weeks, months at home have formed a bad habit.  There's nothing else to do.  And when I find something to do, it's usually being creative in the kitchen, trying new recipes, tweaking recipes I find, using different ingredients, etc.

But I did it.  It was NOT easy, but I did it.  And this morning I'm down two pounds.  Yippee!  I don't have anyone to really celebrate with, and it seems silly to celebrate something that could come back with a glass of water, so I am celebrating here with you, my blog, my outlet.

And actually, it won't come back with water, because I drank SO much water yesterday.  That was one of my strategies.  Every time I wanted to eat, I drank a cold glass of water.  My food consisted of cottage cheese, 2 eggs, turkey sausage, a spoonful of peanut butter, seltzer water... I feel like I'm leaving something out.  But I made sure it was protein based and little to no carbs.  Oh, it was cheese!  I ate some cheese for a snack.

Today, I am heading to the market to stock up on veggies and fresh proteins.  Clear out the fridge of any temptations.  This is do or die.  And my new juicer is supposed to arrive today.  With the way deliveries have been the last few months, I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be super excited if it actually does.  Fingers crossed the scale continues on this downward trajectory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 9

This morning, the scale read 272.4  Woohoo!  I continue to be motivated as the scale continues on the downward trend.  I can't help but ...